This Holiday Cranberry Mint Punch is the perfect addition to any party and looks super festive garnished with fresh cranberries and sprigs of mint!
So I shared this delicious cranberry mint punch on my Instagram last year that I had made on Christmas Eve when I was hosting dinner for my family. Well I couldn’t believe ALL the requests I received for this recipe soooo naturally I had to share it with you guys! Yes this is my iPhone photo (sorry), but I’m not planning on making this punch again until Christmas (it makes a TON!) and I figured you all would probably want this recipe before all the holiday festivities begin so here ya go!
Yes and you’re welcome.
Unfortunately this is definitely NOT a healthy cocktail by any means (I’m just gonna throw that out there right now to ward off any haters haha), but it really does make the perfect punch for a holiday party 🙂 And hey it’s freaking CHRISTMAS so I’m going to allow it, k thanks. Now if you are used to just dumping a bunch of ingredients into a bowl and calling it a day then this recipe might seem like a bit of a process to you, but trust me when I say it’s 100% worth it!! Muddling the mint and orange zest with the sugar and boiling it with the fresh orange juice is a total MUST. I also like to freeze the cranberries ahead of time because not only do they look gorgeous in the bowl, but they keep the punch nice and chilled too. Throw in some fresh mint leaves as a garnish, add some cute straws and you’re all set! Our family and friends came back with rave reviews so I hope you all love this as much as we did!
Holiday Cranberry Mint Punch
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, roughly torn
- 1 cup raw sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups Triple Sec
- 3 cups cranberry juice (I used diet)
- 1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled
- Spread cranberries in a single layer on a large baking sheet and chill in the freezer for at least an hour until frozen.
- In a medium bowl, muddle together mint leaves, sugar and orange zest until completely combined (I just used the end of a wooden spoon for this!) then pour the mixture into a small saucepan and add fresh orange juice, bringing to a simmer and whisking until all sugar is dissolved. Using a mesh sieve, strain out the mint and set syrup mixture aside.
- Combine vodka, Triple Sec, and cranberry juice in a large punch bowl then add the syrup mixture. Just before serving, pour in the chilled sparkling wine and frozen cranberries – this will keep the punch nice and cold. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Pure Wow