YAY! My first guest post! As most of you know, I wanted to start “Guest Post Fridays” each week and what better way to kick this grand occasion off than with my lovely friend Jessica from Cajunlicious. As a girl born in raised in New Orleans (I know, jealous right??), her fabulous blog contains ALL things Cajun and her recipes do not disappoint! Just be prepared to endure lots of spice….yum! Go check out her blog and send her lots of love!
So without further ado, I introduce to you Miss Jessica
I am so excited about this guest post with my friend Kelly at Eat Yourself Skinny. I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to Kelly for inviting me to be her very first guest blogger! We are doing guest posts on each others blogs today so you get two great guest posts in one. Her blog is something we can all enjoy; she started her blog to share healthy and delicious recipes that everyone can use to stay skinny while eating a delicious meal. Head over to my blog where you can view her amazing Chicken Croquettes with Creole Sauce.
In honor of her delicious and skinny recipes, I give you my Spicy Balsamic Avocado Salad.
Avocados are rich in flavor and texture and are perfect for use in a variety of salad recipes. Avocados are loaded with nutrients such as dietary fiber, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and folate.
Spicy Balsamic Avocado Salad
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 roma tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped with seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- To make the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar. Shake vigorously until well blended. Pour over the salad, mix well, serve and enjoy!