So I guess it’s pretty clear that I haven’t been blogging. Like at all. I guess I should probably explain myself. I started this little blog almost 5 years ago because I thought it would be fun to have a place for all my favorite recipes. One recipe introduced me to a love for cooking which then led me to a love for photography which then proceeded to lead me to a genuine love for blogging! Well I guess when something you love starts to become more of a job than a passion, you tend to not be as enthusiastic about it as you once were. This is precisely what I found happened to me. That’s not to say “I hate this stupid blog and I will never post recipes again” haha, it’s just I simply fell into a rut and had absolutely no desire to develop recipes, collect food props or work on my photography.
These were all my 2014 goals mind you……
But I also got engaged last year so of course that took up all my time and where my new passion started to lie. With that said, I’ve decided to make NEW goals for this year – realistic ones that I know will make me happy and allow me to build this little space back up again to what it used to be. So here goes nothing…
- Get married. – well that’s a given
- Stick to my fitness goals and start again fresh the next day even after I happen to fall off the wagon.
- Commit to at least two blog posts a week. – see that’s doable, right??
- Meal plan every Sunday and do a weekly grocery haul. This not only saves money, but ensures I only have healthy food in my house. If I happen to have weekend plans, force myself to meal plan the Friday before!
- I will allow myself sweets on occasion without feeling guilty!
- I promise to be a better listener with my friends/family rather than just inundating them with my problems and worries.
- I will strive to be happy and appreciative of the little moments, rather than only recognizing the big ones.
- Being sleep deprived is something I constantly struggle with, so I will work on getting at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
- ….that being said, I am NOT a morning person so forcing myself to go to bed early so I can wake up for my workouts is a must!
- Have patience in all that I do and know that good things come to those who wait!
- Start sending snail mail again to friends and family – little notes of encouragement always brighten up the day!
- Try one new thing a month and step out of my comfort zone!
So there ya go. I figure if I write all this down for the world to see then I have to stick with them, right?? With my bachelorette being in Charleston at a beach house for the week PLUS my honeymoon right around the corner, my fitness goals need to be HIGH priority! I also have my first dress fitting in two months!! I usually eat pretty healthy for the most part, but finding time to get my workouts in have slowly (and embarrassingly) fallen to the wayside. But hey I’m only human. I still love doing the Tone It Up program and have consistently followed my meal plans based on that, but the workouts have slacked. But if anyone can get me motivated it’s definitely Karena and Katrina!! Feel free to follow me on Instagram to keep me motivated!!
I’m also thinking about trying Jillian Michaels 90 Day Body Revolution and incorporating that into my weekly routine – if anyone has tried this I would love to hear how you liked it! A few friends told me about this and the success stories looked incredible, plus being only 30 minutes a day that’s something I can wake up and do each morning no problem. At least having goals and a plan is the perfect start! It may also give me the inspiration I need to test out new healthy recipes as meal planning can get pretty monotonous.
Well here goes nothing! Cheers to 2015.