Ok so it’s FINALLY Friday and about 75 degrees out for the first time since last fall so I wanted to make something fresh and light for dinner. I found this amazing pineapple salsa in my Pampered Chef cookbook and modified it a bit to give a sweet flavor. I had everything on hand already so it’s the perfect addition to the carribean jerk chicken I’m making tonight! My boyfriend doesn’t like fish, but I strongly suggest you pair this with grilled tilapia or salmon as this would be amazing on top. One serving of this is only 70 calories with 0 grams of fat and you get about 6 servings out of this salsa. I hope you really enjoy it! Your friends will love you for bringing this to your next cookout, don’t forget the Corona’s and lime!
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 small pineapple, cored and diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. red onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 packet of Stevia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice the pineapple and the vegetables. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well until mixed.
- Set aside on the counter for an hour or so to let the flavors combine.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 70 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 19 g • Fiber: 2.1 g • Protein: 0.8 g • WW Points+: 2 pts