Pineapple Salsa with Cinnamon Pita Chips
Bright and tropical pineapple salsa made with fresh ingredients and served with the BEST homemade cinnamon pita chips for the perfect summer appetizer!
For the salsa:
- 1 small pineapple, cored and diced (about 2 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the cinnamon pita chips:
- 4 whole wheat pita pockets, cut into triangles
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar + more for sprinkling
- Dice the pineapple and the vegetables. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well until mixed.
- Set aside on the counter for an hour or so to let the flavors combine.
Serving Size: 1 cup • Calories: 70 • Fat: 0 g • Carbs: 19 g • Fiber: 2.1 g • Protein: 0.8 g • WW Points+: 2 pts