Coconut Chicken & Warm Honey Vinaigrette Salad
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
- 6 (about 12 oz.) chicken tenderloins
- 6 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. crushed Cornflake crumbs
- 1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil spray
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar (or balsamic)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko bread crumbs, Cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.
- Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway (15 minutes each side), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots and cucumber evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready, slide on the diagonal and place on top of greens. Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over a tbsp each.
Serving Size: 2 cups salad + 2 chicken tenders • Calories: 397 • Fat: 11 g • Carbs: 32.5 g • Fiber: 4.4 g • Protein: 26.8 g • WW Points+: 8 pts