Having people over last minute for breakfast and need to whip up something fast or just have a craving for something sweet?? I saw these on one of my favorite blogs For the Love of Cooking and my mouth started drooling. I then realized I had everything on hand! They are super easy to make and I lightened them up by using my Splenda sugar blend. You really can’t taste the difference! Perfect for breakfast this morning. As you can tell from my posts, I’m not much of a baker, but it’s a skill I’m determined to master! My boyfriend makes fun of me a lot because most of the things I attempt to bake and/or try to decorate turn out to be disastrous, but I must admit these were super yummy. Hopefully the more I cook, the more baking experience I’ll develop. Fingers crossed!
Cinnamon and Sugar Muffins
Recipe adapted from For the Love of Cooking
Yield: 12 servings 1x
- 6 Tbsp. Splenda sugar blend (or 3/4 cup sugar)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 4 1/2 packets Stevia (or 3 Tbsp. sugar)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat muffin pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, beat together the sugar and egg until creamy. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Pour dry mixture into the egg mixture and stir to combine. Add vegetable oil, milk and vanilla, stirring until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly into muffin pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes clean, about 18 minutes. Let cool for 3-5 minutes, then remove muffins from pan.
- In a small bowl, combine packets of Stevia (or 3 Tbsp. sugar) and 1 tsp. of cinnamon. While the muffins are still warm, roll each one in mixture, coating all sides with the cinnamon sugar. Let the cinnamon and sugar coated muffins cool on a wire rack before serving.
Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 108 • Fat: 5 g • Carbs: 12 g • Fiber: 0.4 g • Protein: 3 g • WW Points+: 3 pts