Here’s a super healthy chicken dish and the best part?? It takes no more than 10 minutes or so! This is definitely going to be something I make on a regular basis when I get home late from work or I’m not in the mood to slave away in the kitchen. Wait, c’mon who am I kidding…?? I LOVE “slaving” away in the kitch! But this is still sooo easy even your boyfriend could make it! I got this recipe from my Cooking Light magazine which I’m a recent subscriber to and I must admit, I have about 74620851390 recipes tabbed to make, they all look so good! My favorite part about this particular recipe is that the chicken is soaked in lemon juice rather than milk and egg before being dredged in breadcrumbs which gives it a great flavor not to mention cutting a few calories. I paired this with some wild rice, but any veggie would compliment! Let me know what you think!
Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 (6 oz) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 4 Tbsp. capers
- 1 Tbsp. light butter
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; pound to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat tenderizer or rolling pin. Brush chicken with lemon juice, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook about 3 minutes on each side or until chicken is done. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Add broth and wine to pan, and cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in capers and butter.
Serving Size: 1 chicken breast with sauce • Calories: 206 • Fat: 4.6 g • Carbs: 7.7 g • Fiber: 0.6 g • Protein: 29.2 g • WW Points+: 5 pts