- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 13 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 lb ground chicken (or turkey)
- 2 cups finely grated sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp almond flour
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, grated sweet potato, parsley, thyme and seasonings. Using a small cookie scoop, form them into balls and flatten them out a bit so that they resemble nuggets. You should get about 24 chicken bites.
- To make in the Air Fryer, spray the basket of your air fryer with non-stick spray and arrange the chicken bites in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in 2 or 3 batches. Set the fryer to 400 degrees and cook for about 13 minutes, flipping them halfway through.
- To make in the Oven, arrange chicken bites on a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick spray and bake in the oven at 400 degrees F for about 25 to 28 minutes, flipping them halfway through. If you want them more crispy, pop the broiler on in the last couple minutes, making sure to watch them closely so that they don’t burn.
- Serve immediately with your choice dipping sauce and enjoy!
*These chicken bites will keep in a sealed airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 to 5 days. They will also freeze for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 4 chicken bites
- Calories: 226
- Sugar: 4.2 g
- Sodium: 277.4 mg
- Fat: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.9 g
- Fiber: 3.2 g
- Protein: 14.8 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.