Hello spring!! The weather lately has been absolutely gorgeous and it’s been making my workouts SO much more enjoyable. Tonight after my run I was really in the mood for a big salad that was light and fresh, but that would be filling. I found this recipe on Gina’s Skinny Recipes and thought this would be perfect! Well it was and it tasted amazing! I will definitely be making a batch of this vinaigrette dressing and keeping it on hand as it tasted incredible on the salad. The chicken was very easy to make and took no more than 30 minutes to complete this entire meal. This dish makes about 3 servings and is around 397 calories with 11 grams of fat for 2 chicken tenders and a large salad. Not too bad for a full meal! Let me know how you like it!
Coconut Chicken & Warm Honey Vinaigrette Salad
Recipe adapted from Skinnytaste
Serves: 3 servings
- 6 (about 12 oz.) chicken tenderloins
- 6 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- ¼ cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. crushed Cornflake crumbs
- ⅓ cup egg substitute or egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Olive oil spray
- 6 cups mixed baby greens
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. white vinegar (or balsamic)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine coconut flakes, panko bread crumbs, Cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.
- Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick foil for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway (15 minutes each side), or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots and cucumber evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready, slide on the diagonal and place on top of greens. Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over a tbsp each.
Serving Size: 2 cups salad + 2 chicken tenders • Calories: 397 • Fat: 11 g • Carbs: 32.5 g • Fiber: 4.4 g • Protein: 26.8 g • WW Points+: 8 pts