Looking for another breakfast recipe? Well look no further. This one is super delicious and fun to make!!
Chris LOVES his scrambled eggs with cheese on the weekends so when I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart‘s website I just thought it was the greatest thing ever! What a great twist on a boring, everyday breakfast dish with such a fun way to serve it up to friends! I especially loved the addition of corn and feel free to throw in some bell pepper or other fresh veggies, you can’t go wrong when cooking with eggs. Serve these little tomato cups with whole wheat toast and some freshly squeezed OJ and you’ve got yourself a breakfast for champions!
So I must say this whole getting sick business is reeeeeally frustrating. I’m so behind on my workouts, I have insane amounts of emails piled up in my inbox (don’t worry I’m getting to them!!) and my Easter desserts still haven’t been made!Le sigh.I guess the upside is I finally have meds now that should kick this illness’ booty and make me feel like myself again. I DO have some delicious Easter hot cross buns to share with you tomorrow, so I’m sure you’ll be waiting in much anticipation 😉
Anyway, hope you enjoy these Tomato Cups!!!
- 4 large tomatoes
- Salt and ground pepper, to taste
- ½ cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. snipped fresh chives
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9-inch baking dish with parchment paper or coat dish with cooking spray. Using a serrated knife, cut off the tops of the tomatoes, about a ½ inch, and reserve them for your presentation.
- With a spoon or melon baller, gently remove seeds and inner membrane, being careful not to break through the flesh of the tomato. Place tomatoes in your dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide corn among tomatoes. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and chives and season with salt and pepper. Divide egg mixture among tomatoes and top with cheese. Bake until egg mixture is set, about 45 to 50 minutes. Serve with tomato tops and enjoy!